Pheasant Dishes Prepared at PNF
- 5 pheasant breasts cut into about 5 pieces
- thin maple honey bacon sliced in half
- diced onions
- mushrooms, sliced
- jalopeno (optional)
Place a pheasant piece on the end of a length of bacon.
Add onion, mushroom, and optional jalopeno to the pheasant.
Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
Bake wraps in oven at 400 degrees for 40-60 minutes until bacon is cooked to your liking.
- 5 pheasant breasts cut into 4 or 5 pieces
- 3 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp cayenne pepper (may need to adjust cayenne pepper to your taste)
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
Mix seasonings with flour and set aside.
Beat eggs, then dip tenderized breast pieces before rolling in the flour mixture.
Fry in oil until brown on both sides.
Salt/pepper to taste.
Serve with Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing
Paul Nelson Farm Pheasant
- 4-6 pheasant breasts – tenderized
- 1 can (10 oz.) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can (10 oz.) Cream of Chicken Soup
- ¼ c. Parmesan Cheese – grated
- 4 oz. can mushrooms – drained
- 1 c. sour cream
- ½ c. whipping cream or heavy cream
- ½ c. onion – chopped
- Kitchen Bouquet (optional – for color)
Roll pheasant breast in flour. Salt & pepper.
Fry in hot oil on both sides until brown.
In bottom of casserole dish, layer sauce, pheasant, then top with another layer of sauce until completely covered. Put lid on casserole and bake at 300 degrees for about 2 – 2 ½ hours or until tender. Or put in crockpot for 6 hours on low setting.
Beer Batter Pheasant
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 ½ cups saltine crackers (2 sleeves finely crushed or put through food processor)
- 2 ½ tsp paprika
- 7 tsp coarse pepper
- 7 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 ½ tsp garlic salt
- 4 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients together.
To make beer batter pheasant, cut a pheasant breast into nugget size pieces.
Take one bottle of warm Bud beer and add approximately 1 ½ cups of beer batter mix (to the consistency of pancake batter). Dip pheasant in batter and fry in hot oil.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked ground pheasant
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely ground croutons
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Instructions for about 16 nuggets:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine pheasant, croutons, egg, salt and pepper.
Form the mixture around cheese cubes to make 2 inch balls.
Heat oil in skillet and fry until golden brown.
Drain balls on paper towel, then place on cookie sheet.
Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
Buffalo Pheasant Dip
- 2 1/2 cup cooked pheasant, small pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1.4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup hot sauce (Louisiana)
- 1/2 cup shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- dash pepper
- garlic to taste
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
In a skillet melt butter, add pheasant and celery. Cook on low heat until meat and celery is almost cooked add cubed cream cheese and cook until cream cheese is melted.
Add remaining ingredients.
Pour into 8×8 pan and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until hot.
Serve with corn chips, tortilla chips, or crackers.