All wine is 90 points or higher
Paul's famous prime rib
Special dietary needs?
Home made desserts
Oh, and Let’s Talk Food
The dining at Paul Nelson Farm is country cuisine at its mouth-watering best. Every meal is five-star, with entrée choices that make even our most ardent hunters dream about dinner while out in the field. The food, always fresh, always homemade, is served buffet style in the newly remodeled main lodge dining room. Choose from among our own table wines or bring your own vintage. Your fine dining will also be enhanced by Cheryl’s remarkably beautiful harp-playing, during one of your nighttime meals. We know you come for the hunt—but we take great pride in setting a gourmet table, with the genial atmosphere that comes from the sporting life and fine food afterwards.
Up at the crack of dawn? Not necessarily! Before they arrive, guests imagine reveille sounding at 5:00 a.m. What a surprise to discover sleeping out here is so good that it’s 8:00 a.m. before many roll out of the sack. If you are used to getting up with the sun, you are welcome to enjoy continental breakfast, go for a walk or hit the exercise room before 9:00 a.m. hot breakfast.
Meals are prepared by “real” cooks – farm wives who have fed men and handed down recipes for generations. We serve buffet style in the main lodge. If you have special dietary needs or restrictions, just let Cheryl know when you fill out your pre-arrival sheet, and she will alert the kitchen.
Land that is hunted at Paul Nelson Farm is within 10 minutes of the lodge. Therefore, all meals are served hot and fresh in the dining room.
- Help yourself to coffee, muffins, toast, bagels, cereal, yogurt and fruit that are laid out for early risers.
- Hot breakfast at 9 a.m. with various traditional choices: eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, oatmeal, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, french toast and even grits from North Carolina.
- Fried chicken, chili, homemade soups, beef stew, Jessie’s famous meat loaf, grilled chicken sandwich, sliced turkey, homemade desserts. Mmm! Mmm! Wonder what’s for lunch today?
- Hot hors d’oeuvres that showcase pheasant prepared many different ways. Plus an assortment of cheeses, veggies, shrimp, taco dip, etc.
- Prime steaks, thick cut pork chops, pheasant & wild rice, or our specialty – prime rib. Table wines are all rated 90 points or higher. If you prefer to bring your own vintage wine, we will keep it in a separate cellar for your private use.
“The Nelsons made us feel like we were part of the family, except I will never have that level of service at home.” Joe Barekman Euless, TX